Tens or Better
Tens or Better is just like Jacks or Better for typical video poker games. Tens or Better is usually offered online in the casinos. This game is like Jacks or Better in that it is based on five card draw poker. You also need to have a pair of tens or better in order to win at least the lowest payout in the game. This is only slightly different because Jacks or Better asks for a pair of Jacks at the very least. You will find that this game has the same strategy as Jacks or Better as well.
- In Tens or Better you need to play the maximum bet of five credits. You earn a higher payout for the maximum payout and the possibility of getting the bonus of 4,000 credits for a Royal Flush.
- If you have four cards that will give you a Royal Flush you should not break up the hand.
- In this game it is better to keep the hand that will guarantee you the payout. For example if you are dealt two tens, a jack, queen, and ace it is better to hold on to the tens. You are guaranteed to earn your wager plus five credits with a pair of tens. You may not be able to get the king you need in place of the ten to get the Royal Flush.
- If you have the Ten, Jack, Queen, King, and a three then you can keep the four cards that lead to a royal flush.
- You should also keep a pair if you are dealt one, even if it is not a winning hand. You have a better chance of getting the third card you need or even two pair when you start out with one.